This year, in recognition of World Alzheimer’s Day, the Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Research Foundation, with the support of Alzheimer’s Australia and KinCare, organised a dementia research panel discussion titled Quality dementia care – what do we value?
Presented by Dr Norman Swan, ABC Radio National's Health Report host, the panellists included:
- Mr Trevor Crosby, Dementia Australia Dementia Advisory Committee Member.
- Dr Ron Petersen, Director, Mayo Alzheimer's Disease Research Centre and the Mayo Clinic Study on Aging.
- Professor Susan Kurrle, Geriatrician and Director, Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre.
- Professor Elizabeth Beattie, Director Dementia Collaborative Research Centre – Carers and Consumers.
- Ms Therese Adami, Chief Operating Officer, KinCare.
- Ms Maree McCabe, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Dementia Australia National.
READ – A fantastic summary article has been publised in the December 2016 Edition of Dementia News, which you can read here.