Sign up for our eNews and discover more about what we're up to, the difference we're making, and, most importantly, how you can help.
25 October, 2013
Read about the Dementia Advisory Committee and what they aim to achieve.
About the Dementia Advisory Committee:
- The committee was developed by Alzheimer’s Australia as a way of giving people with dementia a voice.
- The committee is made up of 12 people who have dementia and who want to be actively involved in advocating for the needs of people with dementia through Alzheimer’s Australia.
- Communication with the group is via email and teleconferences, with a face to face meeting one to two times per year.
The Committee aims to:
- Determine the priorities of people with dementia.
- Contribute to policy and advocacy work.
- Promote dialogue between those with dementia and service providers with a view to promoting a better understanding of their social and care needs.
- Assist in refining and evaluating Dementia Australia’s national programs.