25 October, 2013
Read about the Dementia Advisory Committee and what they aim to achieve.
About the Dementia Advisory Committee:
- The committee was developed by Alzheimer’s Australia as a way of giving people with dementia a voice.
- The committee is made up of 12 people who have dementia and who want to be actively involved in advocating for the needs of people with dementia through Alzheimer’s Australia.
- Communication with the group is via email and teleconferences, with a face to face meeting one to two times per year.
The Committee aims to:
- Determine the priorities of people with dementia.
- Contribute to policy and advocacy work.
- Promote dialogue between those with dementia and service providers with a view to promoting a better understanding of their social and care needs.
- Assist in refining and evaluating Dementia Australia’s national programs.