- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part time (0.8FTE), fixed term contract opportunity until June 2022
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
Located in North Ryde, NSW the Administration Officer – Resources will be responsible for the provision of administration and phone enquiry support for the training programs being delivered through the Centre for Dementia Learning (CDL).
Reporting directly to the Manager, Centre for Dementia Learning, you will also be responsible for:
- Working co-operatively and collaboratively with the CDL team to manage phone and email enquiries for training programs being delivered through the CDL.
- Providing support with course set up and advertisements, bookings, enrolments and reporting requirements while maintain the associated booking systems and databases.
- Participating and providing support in regular administrative meetings to enhance services and support within the organisation, including writing minutes and other records.
- Preparing the physical and electronic resources for the Centre of Dementia Learnings training courses, events and services and monitoring the delivery of appropriate resources to the program location.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, have excellent interpersonal communication skills and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience as an administrative officer in the not for profit sector (desirable)
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Highly developed and effective organisation skills and good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team whilst taking appropriate initiative
- Solid knowledge of MS Office product suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher)
- Qualification in Business Administration and/or short courses in Microsoft applications.
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on 19 January, 2021 at 9.00AM
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.