- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part time 0.6 FTE, fixed term opportunity until 30 June 2021
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our Client Services team based in Woolloongabba, QLD on a part time (0.6FTE), fixed term contract. As a qualified Counsellor, you will support the wellbeing of carers of people living with dementia through the delivery of telephone and online counselling as part of the Carer Gateway Program.
Reporting directly to the Client Services Team Leader you will also be responsible for:
- Utilising expert knowledge and flexible delivery modalities to deliver effective carer counselling services with the application of evidence-based clinical therapies including Rogerian and CBT
- Providing information about dementia, available services, community and family education and resources to carers
- Managing external stakeholder relationships and developing counselling services
- Contributing to the development of, and influencing community relationships to enable the delivery of counselling services to specific carer cohort groups including LGBTI community, young carers, rural and/or remote carers, CALD, Aboriginal and Torres Steatite Islander Communities
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Registration with, or for membership of, a relevant professional body or association (e.g. Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Australian Counselling Association, Australian Association of Social Workers or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)( Level 2 accreditation or above, a Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia Provisional Accreditation or above or an Australian Association of Social Workers accreditation – ordinary member)
- Experience with clinical therapies including Rogerian and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- A minimum of 3 years counselling experience in Australia and experience in a similar role providing counselling to carers.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in the development and delivery of counselling services.
- Action oriented, and the ability to drive innovative solutions.
- Cognitive skills / Reflective practice – perceptive intelligent and able to reason through problems with an ability to introduce improved and innovative ways of doing things.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation skills etc.).
- Well-developed case note, record keeping and report writing skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate speciality area such as Psychology, Social Work or Counselling
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Rae Cummings at [email protected]
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on Wednesday, 20 January 2021 at 9.00AM.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.