- Progressive peak body for dementia
- Casual opportunities based in Nth Ryde
Attractive salary packaging options
We are currently seeking a Helpline Advisor in a casual capacity to be based within our National Dementia Helpline team at North Ryde. You will be supporting the wider community by providing telephone and online information, brief counselling and support services about dementia and memory loss to people with dementia, their families, carers and to health/allied health professionals.
To be successful in the position, you will meet the key selection criteria, be a team player and show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Registration with, or eligibility for membership of, a relevant professional body or association (e.g. Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Australian Counselling Association, Australian Association of Social Workers or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)
- Proven experience in the provision of telephone counselling services
- Understanding of community health services, aged care sector and NDIS
- Knowledge of dementia and its’ impact on people diagnosed with dementia, families and carers
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including well-developed case note, and record keeping skills
- Experience of working independently and as a part of a team
Computer literacy across a range of relevant applications, including Microsoft Office, word processing and Outlook
Essential: Relevant qualifications e.g. counselling, nursing, psychology, social work or occupational therapy and eligibility for membership of related professional association and contact centre experience.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.
For role enquiries, please contact our Helpline Team Leader Almaza Convery on 02 9888 5417.
The position description can be found here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria attention to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close – Tuesday August 27, 2019.