- Are you looking for a role where you can work in partnership with people living dementia and carers to support positive policy and service change
- Part-time 0.8 EFT, 12 month contract
- Attractive salary packaging options available
This position, based in our Consumer Engagement, Policy and Research team in our North Ryde office, will contribute to the development of a national Dementia Australia consumer engagement strategy and coordinate its implementation across NSW and QLD. This role can be based in our Brisbane or North Sydney office.
You will work collaboratively across the activities of Dementia Australia and with key external stakeholders to support people living with dementia and care partners to share their stories and ensure their voices are heard at a policy and practice level.
You will be responsible for:
- Building collaborative relationships with Dementia Advocates (people living with dementia and carers).
- Leading, engaging and expanding the network of Dementia Advocates across NSW and QLD
- Linking Dementia Advocates to places where decisions are being made
- Implementing a range of methods for meaningful consumer engagement
- Representing Dementia Australia on committees
- Maintaining and coordinating key administrative processes, including advocates’ orientation education and training needs; database administration
Ideally, you will have a social policy background combined with experience in building consumer engagement capacity; harnessing the expertise of Dementia Advocates; understanding and communicating the implications of policy and advocacy; and facilitating collaborative decision-making.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career and make their mark in a progressive peak body.
Role enquiries can be made to Sally Lambourne on 02 9805 0100.
The position description can be obtained here.
To apply, please email a resume with a cover letter which addresses the key selection criteria found in the position description to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications close – Monday January 21, 2019.