- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options and flexible working arrangements
- Part time 0.4 EFT fixed term position until 30 June 2022
Dementia Australia is a well-known and respected organisation transforming the experience of people impacted by dementia by elevating their voices and inspiring excellence in support and care free from discrimination.
We are currently seeking a Dementia Advisor to join our Client Services Department located in Batemans Bay, NSW. As a Dementia Advisor, you will provide psycho-educational and psycho-social information, support, referral, resourcing and innovative responsive service models to people living with dementia & their families & carers.
In addition you will:
- Establish and maintain consistent partnerships with external key stakeholders
- Connect people living with dementia and their carers to diagnostic, health and community support services.
To be successful in this role you will show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support within your region.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of dementia and its’ impact on people diagnosed with dementia, families and carers.
- Experience in facilitating individual and group work with clients in a community setting.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including well-developed case note, record keeping and report writing skills.
- Proven capacity to problem solve and negotiate with others.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work load.
- Experience in liaising with and developing relationships and partnerships with service providers and other agencies.
- Computer literacy across a range of relevant applications, including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups e.g.: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, people from Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual and/or Intersex communities, and those from rural / remote communities.
Relevant qualifications and/or a minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated experience in the delivery of a community based service or health related field are a must.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. This role does involve travel within the region so access to and willingness to use own car (reimbursement provided) is essential.
For role enquiries, please contact Elizabeth Green on 0429 507 892.
The position description can be found here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Please note: Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close – Tuesday, 04 February 2020 COB.