We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a Dementia Advisor. Based in Brisbane, the Dementia Advisor is responsible for the development and delivery of information, education and support services and programs for people living with dementia, their families and carers and the wider community.
- Planning and delivering education, advice and support programs and services across Queensland to people with dementia and their families and carers
- Providing information and awareness sessions at expos and other promotional events
- Facilitating Dementia Friendly Community activities and workshops and associated activities
- Assisting people with dementia, their families and carers to navigate the disability and aged care system
- Providing appropriate dementia awareness, support and assistance to highly marginalised and vulnerable people living with dementia
- Providing support to people living with younger onset dementia, and assisting them to transition to the NDIS
- Providing Support Coordination to people with younger onset dementia with an NDIS plan
The role spans Queensland and requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate how you meet the key selection criteria as detailed below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (health / allied health / social services sectors) (Highly desirable)
- Knowledge of the aged care and disability sector including detailed knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Demonstrated experience documenting confidential client information and case notes on an electronic database
- Relevant experience liaising with community organisations and other key stakeholders to source appropriate services based on the client’s needs.
- Extensive knowledge of dementia and its impact on the person with dementia and their families and carers
- Dementia advisory experience and expertise in contemporary dementia programs
- Skills and experience in effective group facilitation and group work
- Demonstrated ability to follow structured program format and to comply with approved programs
- Demonstrated ability in delivering high quality presentations, education and information sessions
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Ability to work within agreed timeframes and prioritise tasks effectively
- Strong communication skills, enthusiastic and energetic, flexibility, adaptability, and a collaborative mindset
To express your interest in this role, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing how you meet the key selection criteria to QLD.Recruitment@dementia.org.au by COB Tuesday, 20 February 2018.