- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options and flexible working arrangements
- Part time 0.6 - 0.8 EFT fixed term position until 30 June 2019
We are currently seeking a Dementia Advisor to join our Client Services Team based in Darwin. Your primary role is to support people with dementia, their families and carers by providing individual, group and family counselling, information, education, referral and other interventions.
In addition you will:
- Provide brief, episodic counselling services, in person, by telephone or web based.
- Establish and maintain consistent partnerships with external key stakeholders
- Connect people living with dementia and their carers to diagnostic, health and community support services
To be successful in this role you will show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support within your region.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated experience in the Community development field.
- Demonstrated skills in building relationships and partnerships with service providers and community groups.
- Well-developed case note, record keeping and report writing skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (psychology, health/allied health/social services sectors) field are essential.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. This role does involve travel within the region so access to and willingness to use own car (reimbursement provided) is essential.
For role enquiries, please contact Susan Williams on 08 8948 5228 or email Recruitment@dementia.org.au
The position descriptions can be obtained here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria found above to Recruitment@dementia.org.au.
Applications close – Thursday January 24, 2019.