- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options and flexible working arrangements
- Part time 0.6 EFT fixed term position until 30 June 2020
We are currently seeking a Dementia Advisor to join our Client Services Department and work in the region of Forster/Taree, NSW. As a Dementia Advisor, you will provide information, support, referral, resourcing and innovative responsive service models.
In addition you will:
- Provide brief, episodic counselling services, in person, by telephone or web based.
- Establish and maintain consistent partnerships with external key stakeholders
- Connect people living with dementia and their carers to diagnostic, health and community support services
To be successful in this role you will show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support within your region.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge of dementia and the caring role.
- Proven capacity to problem solve and negotiate with others.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritise work load.
- Demonstrated ability to network with, consult and respond to the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Skills and experience for group work including facilitation of support groups.
- Public speaking and presentation skills and experience.
- Commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups e.g.: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, and those from rural/ remote communities.
- Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite and the use of electronic databases.
Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in the delivery of a community based service or health related field a must.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. This role does involve travel within the region so access to and willingness to use own car (reimbursement provided) is essential.
The position descriptions can be found here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria found above to Recruitment@dementia.org.au.
Applications close on Tuesday November 13, 2018.