- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Full time opportunity fixed term until June 2022
We are currently seeking a Dementia Advisor to join our Client Services Department based in Glenside. Your primary role is to support people with dementia, their families and carers by providing psycho-educational and psycho-social information and support services to improve their quality of life, assist them to achieve individual goals and aid them to continue to live at home for as long as possible.
In addition you will:
- Provide short-term interventions at key stages of dementia to enhance the wellbeing of people living with dementia and their carers
- Establish and maintain consistent partnerships with external key stakeholders
- Facilitate education sessions and group work as required
To be successful in the position, you will meet the key selection criteria and show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support within your region.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of dementia and its’ impact on people diagnosed with dementia, families and carers.
- Experience in facilitating individual and group work with clients in a community setting.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including well-developed case note, record keeping and report writing skills.
- Proven capacity to problem solve and negotiate with others.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work load.
- Experience in liaising with and developing relationships and partnerships with service providers and other agencies.
- Computer literacy across a range of relevant applications, including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups eg: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, people from Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual and/or Intersex communities, and those from rural / remote communities.
Relevant qualifications in a related field (social services, health, allied health etc) and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the delivery of a community based service or within a health related field essential.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.
The position description can be found here.
For any enquiries, please contact Lynn Field on 08 8372 2100.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications close – Monday July 1, 2019.