- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- 0.6 or 0.8 EFT position until 30 June 2020
- Attractive salary packaging options
We are currently seeking a part-time Dementia Advisor to join our Client Services Department. You will be based in our Devonport office and be supporting the wider North West region. As a qualified counsellor, your primary role is to support people with dementia, their families and carers by providing individual, group and family counselling, information, education, referral and other interventions.
In addition you will:
- Provide brief, episodic counselling services, in person, by telephone or web based.
- Establish and maintain consistent partnerships with external key stakeholders
- Facilitate education sessions and group work as required
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for working in a team environment and enjoy providing hands on support to clients.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the Community development field.
- Demonstrated skills in building relationships and partnerships with service providers and community groups.
- Well-developed case note, record keeping and report writing skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Aged Care Sector.
Experience in the field of dementia or aged care will be highly regarded.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment in a dynamic organisation which is currently transitioning into the peak National Body for Dementia in Australia. This will lead to exciting growth and development opportunities.
The position description can be found here.
For any enquiries, please contact Penny Clifford on 03 6325 4688
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications close on Monday November 12, 2018.