- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options and flexible working arrangements
- Part time 0.6 EFT fixed term position until 30 June 2020
We are currently seeking a Dementia Advisor to join our Client Services Department and work in the Mid North Coast region, NSW based at our Port Macquarie office. As a Dementia Advisor, you will provide information, support, referral, resourcing and innovative responsive service models.
In addition you will:
- Establish and maintain consistent partnerships with external key stakeholders
- Connect people living with dementia and their carers to diagnostic, health and community support services
To be successful in this role you will show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support within your region.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge of dementia and the caring role.
- Proven capacity to problem solve and negotiate with others.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise work load.
- Skills and experience for group work including facilitation of support groups.
- Experience in the provision of counselling or other one on one support activities.
Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in the delivery of a community based service or health related field a must.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. This role does involve travel within the region so access to and willingness to use own car (reimbursement provided) is essential.
For role enquires, please contact Charles Broadfoot on 02 6554 5097.
The position description can be obtained here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria found above to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications close – Wednesday February 27, 2019.