- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options
- 0.6 - 1.0 EFT opportunity until 30 June 2020
We are currently seeking a Dementia Advisor to join our Client Services Department based in Hobart. As a qualified counsellor, your primary role is to support people with dementia, their families and carers by providing individual, group and family counselling, information, education, referral and other interventions. This position can be taken up in a part time or full time capacity.
In addition you will:
- Provide brief, episodic counselling services, in person, by telephone or web based.
- Establish and maintain consistent partnerships with external key stakeholders
- Facilitate education sessions and group work as required
To be successful in the position, you will meet the key selection criteria and show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support within your region.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the Community development field.
- Demonstrated skills in building relationships and partnerships with service providers and community groups.
- Well-developed case note, record keeping and report writing skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Aged Care Sector.
Experience in the field of dementia or aged care will be highly regarded.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.
The position description can be obtained here.
For any enquiries, please contact Penny Clifford on 03 6325 4688.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications close - 3pm Friday December 7, 2018.