- Progressive peak body for Dementia
- Part time 0.7 EFT fixed term until 30 June 2020
- Attractive salary packaging available
We are currently seeking a Dementia Care Navigator to join our team based in our Perth office. You will be responsible for supporting the client to help them overcome roadblocks to care and support and successfully assist them to cope with challenges along the way to help improve their quality of life.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide pre and post diagnostic support as well as information to support the client
- Supporting clients to identify suitable services and referral pathways
- Developing individual strategies to promote wellbeing
- Connect the client to relevant services and support networks
- Develop and foster relationships with stakeholders
Key Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of dementia and its impact on people diagnosed with dementia and their family and carers.
- Thorough understanding of the health, community, aged (My Aged Care) and disability (NDIS) service sectors.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills including well-developed case note, recording keeping and report writing skills.
- Understanding of the challenges associated with accessing a diagnosis of dementia and appropriate supports for a person with cognitive impairment and their family.
- Proven capacity to problem solve and negotiate with others.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Experience in liaising with and developing relationships with other service providers and agencies.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups eg: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders communities, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, people identifying as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual and/or Intersex, and those from rural / remote communities.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career and make their mark in a progressive peak body. If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge, we would like to hear from you.
For role enquiries, please contact Lynne Hedley on 08 9225 4094 or email Recruitment@dementia.org.au
The position description can be obtained here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications Close – Friday January 25, 2019.