- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part time 0.6 FTE, fixed term opportunity until 30 June 2022
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our Client Services team based in Woolloongabba, QLD on a part time (0.6FTE), fixed term contract. As a qualified Counsellor, you will provide support to people living with dementia, their families and carers to enhance their quality of life through the provision of individual, group or family counselling, and other related activities.
Reporting directly to the Client Services Team Leader you will also be responsible for:
- Provide dementia specific counselling for people living with dementia, their families and carers through individual, group or family counselling in accordance with specified protocols
- Providing information about dementia, available services, community and family education and resources to carers
- Facilitate delivery and evaluation of group counselling programs sessions for people living with dementia and their carers and families in accordance with program guidelines and workplan
- Screen and assess clients to ensure that appropriate and timely services are received
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Registration with, or for membership of, a relevant professional body or association (e.g. Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Australian Counselling Association, Australian Association of Social Workers or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia).
- Extensive counselling experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of the diagnosis and progression of dementia on the person and their family.
- Experience in the delivery of educational information and group programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation skills etc.).
- Well-developed case note, record keeping and report writing skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver high quality presentations across a diverse community.
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate speciality area such as Psychology, Social Work or Counselling
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Krystle Stanley at [email protected]
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on Thursday, 15 April 2021 at 9.00AM.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.