- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Casual opportunity based in Darwin, NT
The Client Services team is looking for a dynamic Support Worker on a casual basis and primarily based at the Winnellie, NT site. This role is to provide support to clients to participate in meaningful activities and maintain social engagement and to support people to remain living in their own homes through the provision of a variety of individual and group services. By working within a wellness approach, the Support Worker aims to build on the strengths, capacity and goals of each person to maximise their independence and improve each person’s quality of their life.
Reporting directly to the State Manager, Client Services, you will also be responsible for:
- Supporting clients to take risks, if they choose to, enabling them to live the best life they can
- Facilitating activities for people living with dementia and provide opportunities for involvement to maintain their skills and abilities and promote personal choice
- Assisting in the development of individual support plans where appropriate and maintain an up to date understanding of the person’s wellbeing needs
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- An understanding of dementia and its impact on the person with dementia, their family and carers
- Previous experience in a similar role within a community or respite service
- Ability to engage in meaningful relationships with people with dementia, support their abilities, promote their dignity and provide reassurance and validation of their feelings
- Ability to plan and facilitate age appropriate activities based on the interest of participants
- Ability to create and sustain an environment that supports and empowers people with dementia
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Certificate III in Aged Care or demonstrated equivalent experience
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. This role does involve travel within the region so access to and willingness to use own car (reimbursement provided) is essential. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Susan Williams on [email protected] .
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on Thursday, 13th August 2020
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.