- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Casual opportunity in Alice Springs, NT
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and supporting innovation, reshaping the way we do things
Located in Alice Springs, the Support Worker will join the Client Services team on a casual basis and will support clients to participate in meaningful activities and maintain social engagement. This role is responsible for providing support for people to remain living in their own homes through the provision of a variety of individual and group services, and aims to build on the strengths, capacity and goals of each person to maximise their independence and improve each person’s quality of their life.
Reporting directly to the State Manager, Client Services, you will also be responsible for:
- Facilitating activities for people living with dementia and providing opportunities for involvement to maintain their skills and abilities and promote personal choice
- Assisting in the development of individual support plans where appropriate and maintain an up to date understanding of the person’s wellbeing needs
- Ensuring that client activity and other appropriate information is documented in line with professional and legal standards
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- An understanding of dementia and its impact on the person with dementia, their family and carers
- Previous experience in a similar role within a community or respite service
- Ability to engage in meaningful relationships with people with dementia, support their abilities, promote their dignity and provide reassurance and validation of their feelings
- Ability to plan and facilitate age appropriate activities based on the interest of participants
- Ability to create and sustain an environment that supports and empowers people with dementia
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Certificate III in Aged Care or demonstrated equivalent experience
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications will close on Thursday, 15 April 2021 at 9:00AM.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.