- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Casual Opportunity
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
We are currently seeking a Facilitator to join our Centre for Dementia Learning (CDL) team based in New Town, Tasmania. The position will contribute to Dementia Australia’s mission through the delivery of high quality education programs to a wide range of audiences including: aged care workers, health professionals, allied health professionals, disability workers and other organisations.
For further information on the Centre for Dementia Learning, please refer to our website https://www.dementia.org.au/education/centre-for-dementia-learning
Reporting directly to the Manager, Centre for Dementia Learning you will also be responsible for:
- Working co-operatively and collaboratively with your manager and the team to deliver dementia education via both face to face and video conferencing.
- Undertake assessment and evaluation of structured professional education sessions.
- Participate in reviews and development of courses.
- Data collection and record keeping.
- Attending and promoting programs and services at a range of events as required.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in the design, delivery and assessment of adult education.
- Engaging and professional facilitation skills.
- Experience working in health, welfare or community sector.
- Sound experience with taking a continuous improvement approach.
- Experience in inclusive interactive learning considerate to culturally diverse and special needs participants.
Minimum Qualifications: A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification as per Schedule 1 of the Standards for RTO’s 2015. Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline is also a requirement of the position.
Desirable: A formal qualification in dementia is highly desirable. Knowledge and experience of aged care and dementia will also be beneficial.
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain one
- Proof of qualifications
- Required to present proof of flu immunisation or willingness to obtain one
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on Monday, 12 April, 2021 at 9:00AM.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.