- Progressive peak body for Dementia
- Part-time (0.6FTE) opportunity based in Parkville
- Attractive salary packaging options
Dementia Australia is a well-known and respected organisation transforming the experience of people impacted by dementia by elevating their voices and inspiring excellence in support and care free from discrimination.
We are currently seeking a Manager Philanthropy on a part time (0.6 FTE), ongoing contract based in our office in Parkville. You will drive and coordinate all aspects of philanthropic trusts and foundations including developing key relationships with trustees, matching needs and funding, writing and/or co-ordinating applications, managing contracts and coordinating acquittal reporting.
In addition you will:
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date program information.
- Work closely with the Dementia Australia Executive Team, and collaborate across the organisation.
- Support, build and maintain local and external networks to secure funding, partnerships, and leverage state and national opportunities.
- Actively seek new projects and organisational needs that can be offered to philanthropic trust and foundations support.
- Keep up to date with legislation and developments regarding will philanthropic trusts and foundations.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Executive Director Operations and other staff and contractors to ensure achievement of the objectives of the organisation.
- Prepare reports as required by the Executive Director Operations.
To be successful in this role you will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, be a true team player and meet the key selection criteria as outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in successful grant writing or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising, with particular reference to philanthropic trusts and foundations.
- Experience in writing submissions for grants from philanthropic trusts and foundations.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building.
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For any enquiries, please contact Dr. David Sykes on 03 9816 5730.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close – Monday, 27 January 2020 COB.