- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Casual opportunity available based in Perth, WA
- Flexible location – based across office in East Perth and working from home
- Become part of a team helping to make a difference
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
The National Dementia Helpline Advisor provides information, support and connection to service options relating to dementia and memory loss for people living with dementia, members of their care network, the general public and health professionals.
Reporting to the Client Services Team Leader, You will also be responsible for:
- Providing brief dementia-specific consultations via the phone, webchat and email services
- Utilising your active listening skills to understand and interpret the clientele, and then provide solution focused recommendations.
- Providing service referrals of relevant internal and external services that are available to the clientele including education programs, support programs and other relevant service offerings.
- Ensuring that client activity and all other appropriate information is documented in line with professional/legal standards and telephony system requirements
We are looking for applicants who have a genuine desire to support people living with dementia and their families and who will show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high-quality services. You have substantial experience in delivery of telehealth services and you are flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, with fluctuating demands and meet the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
Mandatory Selection Criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate specialty area such as Psychology, Social Work or Counselling
- Proven experience in the provision of information and support services via telephone and online modalities
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a complex, dynamic service environment
Highly Regarded Criteria
- Knowledge of Dementia related care
- Registration with, or eligibility for membership of, a relevant professional body or association (e.g. Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Australian Counselling Association, Australian Association of Social Workers or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast paced contact centre environment
- Strong computer skills (including experience with contact centre telephony systems) and/or an ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new systems
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Ellen McIntyre on [email protected]
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the Highly Regarded and Mandatory selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the Mandatory selection criteria and highly regarded criteria will not be considered.