- Progressive peak body for dementia
- Casual opportunities based in Nth Ryde
- Attractive salary packaging options
We are currently seeking Helpline Advisors in a casual capacity to be based within our National Dementia Helpline team at North Ryde. You will be supporting the wider community by providing telephone and online information, brief counselling and support services about dementia and memory loss to people with dementia, their families, carers and to health/allied health professionals.
To be successful in the position, you will meet the key selection criteria, be a team player and show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Proven experience in an appropriate health/allied health field e.g. counselling, nursing, psychology, social work, aged care, mental health
- General understanding of community health services and/or aged care or willingness to learn
- Proven experience in telephone and/or face to face counselling
- General understanding of dementia/memory loss or willingness to learn
- Experience of working independently and as a part of a team
- Proficient with keyboard skills and Microsoft Office Word, outlook
Essential: Relevant qualifications e.g. counselling, nursing, psychology, social work or occupational therapy and eligibility for membership of related professional association.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.
For role enquiries, please contact Helpline Team Leaders Jo Evans or Lynne Dunbar on 02 9888 4268 or email Recruitment@dementia.org.au
The position description can be found here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria attention to email@example.com
Applications Close Monday November 19, 2018.