- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Maternity leave cover - full-time opportunity to mid-January 2021
We are currently looking for a People and Culture Advisor on a full time, fixed term contract until mid-January 2021 based at our North Ryde, NSW site to cover for maternity leave. This position provides HR support, coordination and administration across a full range of HR services to Dementia Australia staff members in designated regions. As part of the National People and Culture team, this role will work collaboratively to contribute to the development and consistent implementation of national HR procedures and projects. In this active role you will be the first point of HR contact for Dementia Australia staff in your location.
Reporting directly to the People and Culture Business Partner, you will also be responsible for:
- Working directly with managers and employees to resolve queries, support and advise on HR procedures and policy, manage performance, resolve disputes, enhance teamwork, interview candidates and build culture
- Ensuring a positive induction and orientation experience for new staff
- Providing Return to Work (RTW) coordination and local management of work cover claims
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a dedicated HR role ideally in the NFP sector
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with appropriate judgement about escalation of issues and reporting activity
- High level of interpersonal, communication skills including the ability to establish and communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or related disciplines
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career and make their mark in a progressive peak body. In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Alicja Byrne on (02) 8875 4618.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on Monday, 3 August 2020 at 9.00am
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.