- Contributes to meaningful policy change
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part-time (0.6 FTE), permanent opportunity, location flexible
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
Located at one of our major cities nationally, the Policy Officer will provide support to the National Policy and Strategy Advisor and Advocacy and Research Team. This position will actively assist the team in submissions, policy papers, reports, presentations, meetings and speeches. The Policy Officer has a key role in researching and report on policy development, project initiatives and potential partnerships.
Reporting directly to the National Policy and Strategy Advisor, you will also be responsible for:
- Contributing and updating policy positions by researching and reporting on developments in the aged care, health and disability services sectors
- Representing and assisting the organisation at public forums, policy networks and other stakeholder forums.
- Maintaining positive and professional relationships with all stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, have excellent interpersonal communication skills and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in dementia, consumer advocacy and health, aged care and/or disability policy.
- Demonstrated understanding and capability in the development of policy and project material, including policy position material, governance reports, project management.
- Ability to liaise effectively with consumers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write submissions, reports and resource material.
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage work efficiently and accurately.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications e.g. Public Health, Public Policy, Social Sciences, Politics, Social Work
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Kylie Miskovski on [email protected]
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on Wednesday, 4 November 2020 at 9.00am. Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.