- Do you have a very sound knowledge of the aged care sector and current Government policy?
- Full time fixed term for 12 months
- Attractive salary packaging options available
This full time position is based in our Consumer Engagement, Policy and Research team and will actively assist the National Policy and Strategy Advisor and the team in submissions, policy papers, reports, presentations, meetings and speeches. This role can be based in Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to policy development across the organisation.
- Assisting with a range of submissions, policy papers, reports, presentations, meetings and speeches.
- Participating in the development and implementation of project initiatives as they relate to national policy.
- Developing collaborative partnerships and information dissemination to support policy objectives.
- Representing the organisation at public forums, policy networks and other stakeholder forums.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in dementia, consumer advocacy and health, aged care and/or disability policy.
- Demonstrated understanding and capability in the development of policy and project material including policy position material, governance reports, project management.
- Ability to liaise effectively with consumers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write submissions, reports and resource material.
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage work efficiently and accurately.
Ideally, you will have a public health policy background combined with practical experience in building the capacity of consumers, elevating the consumer voice and professionally networking with a diverse range of key Government and community stakeholders.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career and make their mark in a progressive peak body.
For role enquiries, please contact Cristina Giusti on 02 6278 8914 or email Recruitment@dementia.org.au
The position description can be obtained here.
To apply, please email a resume with a cover letter which addresses the key selection criteria found in the position description to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications Close – 9am Monday December 17, 2018.