- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Part-time (0.4 FTE), fixed term opportunity until June 2022
The Dementia Friendly Communities (DFC) Program aims to build understanding, awareness and acceptance of dementia in Australian communities as well as to tackle stigma and social isolation surrounding the condition. The Program Officer is responsible for the state-wide delivery of Dementia Friends awareness sessions and the promotion of dementia-friendly communities activities and consultancy to community groups, Not-For-Profit organisations, dementia alliances, NGOs and Local and State Governments. This is a fixed term, part-time, 2 days per week position based in our East Perth WA office.
Reporting directly to the National Program Manager, DFC, you will also be responsible for:
- State-wide promotion of the understanding and application of dementia-friendly principles to communities and organisations, through the coordination and delivery of dementia-friendly communities workshops, activities and consultancy
- Active engagement with and promotion of the involvement of people living with dementia in the planning and delivery of Dementia Friendly Community program activities at a state-wide level
- Participate in and work collaboratively with required networks and committees
To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication and presentation skills, be a true team player and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Extensive knowledge of dementia and its impact on the person with dementia and their families and carers.
- Demonstrated ability in delivering high quality presentations, education and information sessions.
- Experience liaising with community organisations and other key stakeholders to support the development of strong collaborative relationships to ensure the innovative, efficient and effective provision of consumer-driven services in the community.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (health / allied health / social services sectors) would be desirable.
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
The position description can be found here.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Belinda Curtis on [email protected]
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on Tuesday, 29 September 2020 at 9.00am. Dementia Australia reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.