- Do you like working on a variety of projects?
- Do you like working in a blended role supporting delivery and change?
- Full time fixed term opportunity (6-9 months with possibility of extension)
Dementia Australia is a well-known and respected organisation transforming the experience of people impacted by dementia by elevating their voices and inspiring excellence in support and care free from discrimination.
We are seeking a skilled Project Support and Coordination Officer on a full time fixed term contract to provide support to a team of Project and Change Managers in the delivery of Dementia Australia’s strategic projects. Based in our Project Management Office (PMO) in North Ryde office in Sydney, you will provide project support for multiple concurrent projects and work closely with business stakeholders across the organisation.
In addition, you will:
- Provide hands-on support for both project delivery and change readiness activities.
- Support Steering Committees, including scheduling, documentation, minute-taking, updates to registers and other follow-up activities.
- Coordinate and support timely and high-quality reporting on projects.
- Coordinate project communications activities and updates to intranet.
- Engage with end-users and work hand-in-hand with business stakeholders to achieve smooth business transitions.
- Be resourceful and seek opportunities for continuous improvement of the Project Management Office and project coordination.
This role calls for an individual who has a customer service mindset with an ability and willingness to navigate new and unfamiliar areas of knowledge and quickly assimilate learnings. This may include supporting business analysis, end-user testing, training activities and other project activities. This role will give you great exposure to a variety of IT and strategic projects and is a great opportunity to grow your skills working with a highly experienced team on a major business transformation.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on projects, preferably within business transformation and improvement programmes
- Critical thinker with ability to manage ambiguity and quickly see the big picture
- A strong communicator with strong English language skills who is consultative and able to work effectively across functional and organisational boundaries
- Superior documentation skills, including reporting
- Excellent MS Office skills, including strong proficiency in Excel
- Well organised and works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- A team player who goes above and beyond to achieve results
This role will suit those looking for the opportunity to make a difference in our community through directly contributing to the operations of a growing Not-For-Profit (NFP) organisation. In return we offer, a competitive salary package including superannuation and NFP salary package benefits, as well as a family friendly, flexible working environment with free on-site parking.
The position description can be found here.
To apply, please send to email@example.com:
- a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria attention
- a resume (please keep your resume to a maximum of 4 pages).
We will only consider applications from candidates entitled to work in Australia.
We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.
Applications will be considered as soon as received so we recommend you apply ASAP.
For role enquiries, please contact Katharine Heather on 02 8875 4605.
Applications Close – Wednesday, 9 October 2019 EOB.