- Progressive peak body for Dementia
- 2 x positions available - Full-time and Part-time, fixed term opportunities until June 2021 based in Hawthorn and/or other Victorian sites
- Attractive salary packaging options available
Dementia Australia is a group of passionate and driven employees, volunteers, advocates and ambassadors working together to make a positive difference. We are amplifying the voices that have been hidden for too long. We are for, and with, people living with dementia. We represent the many experiences of dementia, through one powerful and united voice.
We are currently seeking two Younger Onset Dementia Support Coordinator to join our Client Services team. These roles cover the Metro Melbourne and Victorian regions and can be based on one of the many Victorian sites. As a qualified Support Coordinator you will be responsible for the provision of dementia specialist support to assist people living with younger onset dementia, aged under 65 years, to interface with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Reporting directly to the Client Services Team Leader you will also be responsible for:
- Engaging with NDIS funded and mainstream services in line with client goals and needs as identified in their NDIS plan
- Assisting people to identify, link with and choose supports in their local community which will assist them to meet their goals
Collaborating with Dementia Australia service teams to ensure integrated and coordinated approaches to addressing the needs of people living with younger onset dementia.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of the complexities experienced by people living with dementia and their carers and families.
- Experience in the delivery of Coordination of Support Services and an understanding of NDIS processes and systems.
- Client engagement skills and the ability to support clients to achieve positive change and outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to network with, consult and respond to the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate high quality services that comply with standards, regulatory requirements and policies.
- Commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups e.g.: ATSI, CALD and rural/ remote.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the delivery of a community, health or disability based service.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career by joining a dynamic team and making a difference to people’s lives. In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.
For any enquiries, please contact Belinda Nixon on Belinda.Nixon@dementia.org.au
The position description can be found here
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications close – Tuesday, 9 June 2020 at 9.00am
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.