- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Full time or Part time fixed term role until June 2022 in Hobart or Launceston
Dementia Australia is a well-known and respected organisation transforming the experience of people impacted by dementia by elevating their voices and inspiring excellence in support and care free from discrimination.
We are currently seeking an experienced Team Leader Client Services responsible for providing leadership, support and mentoring the Client Services team members to ensure goals and objectives of Dementia Australia programs and services are accomplished. The position is also responsible for the development and delivery of client services and programs for people living with dementia, their families and carers and the wider community, in accordance with contractual and funding requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing program leadership of services including the Dementia Advisory Service, and the National Dementia Support Program to people impacted by dementia.
- Managing individual staff and providing a proactive supervision model that identifies quality issues, provides feedback and coaching and identifies professional development opportunities.
- Ensuring reporting arrangements are adhered to and that all services plans are implemented.
- Coordinate activities of the programs to ensure optimum efficiency and prepare/complete reports on program activities.
- Ensuring sensitive, responsive program development, implementation and evaluation.
- The provision of high quality, open and flexible information and support to consumers.
- Working with relevant service providers to enhance their knowledge and skills in relation to their services for people impacted by dementia.
- Identify and develop opportunities for flexible service provision to groups with particular needs.
The successful candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (health / allied health / social services sector) and ensure client services staff maintain knowledge and skill levels required for best practice and customer focused service delivery.
Key Selection Criteria
- Previous experience in planning, implementing and managing a range of service delivery programs.
- Experience in team management including mentoring and developing people in a positive inclusive manner.
- Extensive experience working with people with dementia as well as carers and families and an understanding of relevant Service Systems, including My Aged Care and the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Experience liaising with community organisations and other key stakeholders to collaborate on the clients’ needs.
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
The position description can be found here.
For any enquiries, please contact David Rose on 03 6279 1100.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria attention to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Tuesday, 17 September 2019.