- Progressive Peak body for Dementia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Full time fixed term role until June 2020 in Hobart
Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia, and the peak body representing the interests of people with dementia, their families and carers.
We are currently seeking an experienced Team Leader to plan, coordinate and implement a range of dementia specific programs. You will also provide support and leadership to a group of support workers who provide a range of high quality services, information and support to our consumers living with dementia.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing program leadership of services to people impacted by dementia.
- Ensuring sensitive, responsive program development, implementation and evaluation.
- The provision of high quality, open and flexible information and support to consumers.
- Working with relevant service providers to enhance their knowledge and skills in relation to their services for people impacted by dementia.
- Managing individual staff and providing a proactive supervision model that identifies quality issues, provides feedback and coaching and identifies professional development opportunities.
Ensuring reporting arrangements are adhered to and that all services plans are implemented.
Key Selection Criteria
- Previous experience in planning, implementing and managing a range of recreation and dementia specific respite services.
- Experience in leading, managing, training and mentoring employees including team building.
- Commitment to and understanding of person centred approaches.
- A very high level of understanding of the needs of people of various age groups with dementia and their careers, living within the community.
- Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office Suite of systems and the ability to learn further computer programs as required.
A minimum diploma level in Aged or Community Care or other relevant discipline essential.
In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.
For role enquries, please contact David Rose on 03 6279 1100 or email Recruitment@dementia.org.au
The position description can be obtained here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria attention to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications Close Tuesday January 22, 2019.