- Progressive peak body for Dementia
- Full time opportunity, fixed term until June 2020
- Attractive salary packaging options available
Dementia Australia is a well-known and respected organisation transforming the experience of people impacted by dementia by elevating their voices and inspiring excellence in support and care free from discrimination.
We are currently seeking a full time Younger Onset Dementia (YOD) Pre-Planning Advisor. You will be responsible for the provision of dementia specialist support to assist people living with younger onset dementia, aged under 65 years, to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The YOD Pre-Planning Advisor plays an active role in assisting clients to better understand their dementia diagnosis, apply for their NDIS plans, set goals and prepare for their NDIS planning meeting.
This role can be based in any of our offices around Australia.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of the complexities experienced by people living with dementia and their carers and families.
- Previous experience supporting individuals to access and prepare for the NDIS.
- Client engagement skills and the ability to support clients to achieve positive change and outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to network with, consult and respond to the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate high quality services that comply with standards, regulatory requirements and policies.
- Commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups e.g.: ATSI, CALD and rural/ remote.
Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the delivery of a community, health or disability based service essential.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career and make their mark in a progressive peak body. If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge, we would like to hear from you.
For role enquiries, please contact Aedan Siebert on 08 8372 2100.
The position description can be found here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications Close – Wednesday, 02 October 2019.