- Progressive peak body for Dementia
- Part time 0.8 EFT fixed term until June 2020
- Attractive salary packaging options available
We are currently seeking a Younger Onset Dementia Support Coordinator to join our team based in Newtown, VIC. You will be responsible for the provision of Dementia specialist support to assist people living with Younger Onset Dementia, aged under 65 years, to access and interface with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The Younger Onset Dementia Support Coordinator role plays an active role in assisting clients to implement their NDIS plans, meet identified goals and connect with services and supports that best meet their needs.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the delivery of a community, health or disability based service.
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of the complexities experienced by people living with dementia and their carers and families.
- Experience in the delivery of Coordination of Support Services and an understanding of NDIS processes and systems.
- Client engagement skills and the ability to support clients to achieve positive change and outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to network with, consult and respond to the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate high quality services that comply with standards, regulatory requirements and policies.
- Commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups e.g.: ATSI, CALD and rural/ remote.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career and make their mark in a progressive peak body. If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge, we would like to hear from you.
For role enquiries, please contact Sarah Allister on 07 3014 6609.
The position description can be found here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Applications Close – Friday, 20 September 2019.