- Progressive peak body for Dementia
- Full time, fixed term opportunity until June 2020
- Attractive salary packaging options available
Dementia Australia is a well-known and respected organisation transforming the experience of people impacted by dementia by elevating their voices and inspiring excellence in support and care free from discrimination.
We are currently seeking a Younger Onset Dementia Support Coordinator to join our Client Services team based in Glenside, SA. You will be responsible for the provision of dementia specialist support to assist people living with younger onset dementia, aged under 65 years, to interface with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The Younger Onset Dementia Support Coordinator role plays an active role in assisting clients to implement their NDIS plans, meet identified goals and connect with services and supports that best meet their needs.
To be successful in this role, you will meet the key selection criteria as outlined below, be a team player and show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the delivery of a community, health or disability based service.
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of the complexities experienced by people living with dementia and their carers and families.
- Experience in the delivery of Coordination of Support Services and an understanding of NDIS processes and systems.
- Client engagement skills and the ability to support clients to achieve positive change and outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to network with, consult and respond to the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate high quality services that comply with standards, regulatory requirements and policies.
- Commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups e.g.: ATSI, CALD and rural/ remote.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career and make their mark in a progressive peak body. In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.
For role enquiries, please contact Aedan Siebert on 08 8372 2105.
The position description can be found here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to Recruitment@dementia.org.au
Please note: Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications Close – Tuesday, 28 January 2020 COB.