- Progressive peak body for Dementia
- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Full-time, fixed term opportunity until June 2021 based in East Perth, WA
The Client Services team is currently seeking a Younger Onset Dementia Support Coordinator on a full-time, fixed term basis until 30 June 2021 and based at the East Perth, WA site. As a qualified Support Coordinator you will be responsible for the provision of dementia specialist support to assist people living with younger onset dementia, aged under 65 years, to interface with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Reporting directly to the State Manager, Clients Services you will also be responsible for:
- Engaging with NDIS funded and mainstream services in line with client goals and needs as identified in their NDIS plan
- Assisting people to identify, link with and choose supports in their local community which will assist them to meet their goals
- Collaborating with Dementia Australia service teams to ensure integrated and coordinated approaches to addressing the needs of people living with younger onset dementia.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high quality dementia services and support and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of the complexities experienced by people living with dementia and their carers and families.
- Experience in the delivery of Coordination of Support Services and an understanding of NDIS processes and systems.
- Client engagement skills and the ability to support clients to achieve positive change and outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to network with, consult and respond to the needs of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver and coordinate high quality services that comply with standards, regulatory requirements and policies.
- Commitment to supporting the needs and rights of people from special needs groups e.g.: ATSI, CALD and rural/ remote.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the delivery of a community, health or disability based service.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to further develop their career by joining a dynamic team and making a difference to people’s lives. In return, you will be offered a flexible and supportive work environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits.
For specific role enquiries, please contact Michelle Taylor on [email protected]
The position description can be found here.
To apply, please email a resume accompanied by a cover letter outlining your response to the key selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications close on Monday, 10 August 2020 at 9.00am.
- Applications that do not contain a covering letter that addresses each of the key selection criteria will not be considered.
- We will only consider applications directly from candidates – no agencies please.