In recognition of World Alzheimer’s Day, Dementia Australia Dementia Research Foundation invites you to attend a free, public panel discussion Quality dementia care: What do we value? on Wednesday 21 September 2016, in Canberra.
Join Dr Norman Swan (Host, ABC Radio National’s Health Report) and an expert panel as they discuss meeting the care needs of people living with a diagnosis of dementia and their carers, how we can measure the quality of dementia care and work towards a national set of quality indicators and, importantly, ways that we may improve the quality of dementia care now and into the future.
Our panelists include:
- Dr Ron Petersen, Director of the Mayo Clinic Alzheimer's Disease Research Centre in the U.S.
- Professor Susan Kurrle, Geriatrician and Director of the Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre
- Professor Elizabeth Beattie, Director of the Dementia Collaborative Research Centre – Carers and Consumers
- Ms Therese Adami, CEO of KinCare
- Ms Maree McCabe, CEO of Dementia Australia
- Mr Trevor Crosby, living with a diagnosis of dementia and member of the Dementia Australia Dementia Advisory Committee
There will be time following the discussion for the audience to ask our panelists questions and engage in this most important debate.
Venue: National Library of Australia
Date: Wednesday 21 September 2016
Time: 5.15pm arrival for a 6.00pm start
For further information, visit the Dementia Australia Dementia Research Foundation website or contact the Dementia Australia Dementia Research Foundation by email or phone (02) 6278 8911.
This is a free, ticketed event. Reserve your spot today.