Free information session presented by Dementia Australia and Seniors Rights Victoria
Plan ahead and make informed choices about your future financial, health or care arrangements. This session includes information on Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Planning. It is for people who have recently been diagnosed with dementia accompanied by their families and carers.
In this session you will:
- learn your rights and how to safe guard these rights
- learn the importance of Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Plans and the timely appointment of these
- be empowered to take action and have conversations with loved ones about what you want in the future
- receive legal information about appointing an Enduring Power of Attorney
- feel in control of decisions you are making for your future
Attendees may be able to participate in a Legal Clinic where you can receive legal advice and help to complete the paperwork to appoint your Enduring Powers of Attorney. Details on how to book will be available at the information session. You must attend an information session to participate in a Legal Clinic.