Leaving a gift in your will to Dementia Australia is a special way to be remembered and will help us make a positive difference to people with dementia, their family, friends and carers.
After providing for your family and friends you may wish to consider leaving a bequest to Dementia Australia in your Will.
Your legacy to Dementia Australia can take the form of:
- A share or proportion of the residue of your estate, or
- A specified amount of money, or
- A nominated asset such as shares or real estate, or
- You can also nominate us as an alternative or substitute beneficiary in case any of your major beneficiaries predecease you.
To make a bequest to Dementia Australia we suggest the following wording to be considered by your legal advisor in your Will:
"I bequeath to Dementia Australia Vic Inc. of 98 Riversdale Road Hawthorn Victoria 3122 for its general purposes (insert the sum of $..... /or portion of estate/ or description of property) free of all duties and charges and I declare that the receipt of the treasurer or other proper officer shall be a sufficient discharge to my executor and/or trustee."
For more information on leaving a bequest to Dementia Australia please view our Bequest Booklet.
Things to consider:
- Also remember it is most important to regularly review and update your Will to cater for any changes in your family or personal circumstances.
- We recommend you seek professional advice from a solicitor to ensure your bequest is clearly and legally stated.
For your copy of Planning Ahead - Instructions for my Will please call our Fundraising Team on 1300 636 679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be delighted to hear if you have included a bequest to Dementia Australia in your Will. By letting us know your intentions, we can personally thank you for your generous support in your lifetime and ensure your wishes will be fulfilled.
Ways to advise us could include:
- Writing a letter to Dementia Australia advising of your intentions to make a bequest;
- Providing a copy of the relevant extract of your will or;
- Ask your solicitor to send us a letter confirming your wishes.
All information provided to Dementia Australia is treated with the upmost confidentiality and according to the latest privacy laws.
For a confidential discussion or more information please call our Fundraising Team on 1300 636 679 or email email@example.com