Connect With Others
Most of us are social beings and usually prefer the company of others rather than existing in isolation.
Its more fun to do activities with other people, to share experiences like going to the movies or a concert, take off on a trip somewhere or discover a new restaurant.
Research has shown that social engagement such as spending time with friends and family creates better brain function and reduces your risk of chronic diseases such as dementia.
Accept those movie, theatre, festival invitations from friends and family, day out and surrounding yourself regularly with others is great for your health.
You are vital. Keep your life in mind.
How you can socially connect yourself with others in Canberra?
Get out and about with friends and family and soak up the culture of Canberra at one of these events:
- Australia Day in the Park
- National Multicultural Festival
- Outdoor cinemas
- Royal Canberra Show
- Soak up the mild nights of early autumn and take a group of friends to Enlighten
- Celebrate Canberra's birthday on Canberra Day
- Canberra Balloon Spectacular
- National Folk Festival
- Canberra Moon Festival
- Canberra Nara Candle Festival
- Make new friends and help your local community - become a volunteer
- Head out to see some live theatre or the latest movie
- Find a recreation or social club and get involved
- Check out the local restaurant or cafe that's opened around the corner from you
- Get to know your neighbours
The Latest Research
Learn more about reducing your risk of dementia at Your Brain Matters