Become a leader in Dementia Care
Dementia Australia is the leading provider for education, services and advocacy for people living with dementia and those who work with them: residential aged care providers; community or home care services; family and communities; and the acute or subacute services including doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals.
We offer a comprehensive consultancy service which focuses on empowering your organisation to become a leader in delivering care and support for people living with dementia. Equipped with extensive knowledge and expertise, we work with you in creating dementia-friendly environments that are physically, socially and culturally inclusive.
As a not-for-profit, non-denominational organisation, we provide flexible, inclusive best practice dementia consultancy for the full spectrum of aged care professionals in Australia.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Inclusive, flexible aged care consultancy programs which can be adapted to the unique needs of your clients and staff;
- A strengths-based approach which empowers people living with dementia and support staff;
- Consultants with real-world experience in aged care nursing, dementia care, dementia research, acute services and aged care best practice;
- A non-denominational organisation able to adapt programs to the cultural and social needs of your business;
- Wide geographic coverage: Able to consult and train anywhere within Victoria or New South Wales.
- Consultancy programs are inclusive of the latest research into creating engaging, purposeful strengths-based programs for people living with dementia.
- A track record of transformational programs.
Our programs are customised to meet your organisational needs. We involve you in our successful strengths-based approach which emphasizes what people with dementia can do, instead of what they can’t do.
This proactive, purposeful involvement results in higher engagement, fewer incidents and accidents, improved staff satisfaction and retention, and improved client satisfaction.
We can help anyone - from individuals in the community through to entire towns – to excel in caring for people with dementia. We educate staff, but we also mentor them in practice improvement and communication, and in engaging people with dementia.
We can provide your organisation with quality solutions for:
• Risk management
• Communication and interaction with clients living with dementia
• Restorative and rehabilitative therapies (such as the Montessori approach)
• Dementia specific training needs analysis
• Change management for mentoring and support
• Environmental design – building, furniture and landscaping
Find out about Consultancy Services in Victoria here
Find out about Consultancy Services in New South Wales here
For general enquiries about Consultancy services in Victoria and New South Wales, please contact our Customer Relations Consultants to further discuss your training needs and get an obligation free quote.