Education Services is able to offer customised education and professional development available anywhere in NSW.
In consultation with you we can tailor-make a program to meet your specific learning needs.
Dementia education for health professionals and care workers in NSW
Dementia Australia NSW is a Registered Training Organisation within the Australian National Training Authority framework. We deliver a high quality standard of training and education, administration and an ongoing quality improvement framework. With a very experienced team we are able to offer a range of nationally recognised and non-accredited interactive programs that can be tailored to suit a variety of environments.
Our education is based upon the following core areas of understanding:
- Knowledge and awareness about dementia and its causes
- The value of person and relationship centered focus and flexibility required to maintain a person’s dignity, identity, strengths, health and social inclusion
- The benefits of experiential learning to develop empathy for the person with dementia within cultural contexts
- How personal attitudes create barriers to the caring role
- The importance of adapting communication and behaviour strategies with the progressive and variable nature of dementia.
For more information on professional education or to register please go to Education & Training.
Courses are listed by location, topic and date and include the registration form which can be faxed (02) 8875 4665 or emailed to the Education Team. If you would like more information please contact the Education Team on (02) 9805 0100.