Dementia Australia NSW has a number of regional offices and partnerships across NSW offering dementia support services designed to meet your needs in your local community.
What services are available?
- Information and resources about dementia and dementia care
- Dementia Advisory Services including individual and family support, access to counselling and assistance with referrals to other services
- Education for people living with dementia, carers and health professionals
- Promotion of community awareness about dementia, how to minimise risk, the benefit of early diagnosis and support services available
- Links to local community and health services and working with these services to improve coordination and enhance care for people living with dementia
- Input into local planning to meet local needs for dementia support services.
Where are we located?
Dementia Australia NSW offices and partners are located in:
- Hunter region (Newcastle)
- Northern NSW (Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Forster, Tweed Heads)
- Southern NSW (Bega, Canberra, Cooma, Moruya, Moss Vale, Wollongong)
- Regional Partners (Armidale, Orange and Wagga Wagga)
Office addresses and contact details can be found on the Contact Us page
These services are provided throughout the remainder of NSW by the network of Dementia Advisory Services. Contact the National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500 for details of your local service.
Telephone Dementia Monitoring Service (Southern NSW only)
The Service aims to monitor the health and well-being of people living with dementia, their families and carers to maximise their independence and participation at home and in the community. Through telephone calls the participants will receive:
- emotional support;
- practical day-to-day advice about living well and dementia management;
- supporting clients to identify potential risks and implement suitable mitigation plans; and, when required,
- referral to local services for more intensive service and support.
The Service covers the Local Government areas of Bega Valley, Bombala, Boorowa, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn-Mulwaree, Harden, Queanbeyan, Palerang, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan, Yass Valley and Young.
Mobile Respite Team (Bega Valley only)
The Mobile Respite Team provides:
- A flexible service with the capacity to provide two team members to respond quickly and appropriately with education and support for both the carer and the person with dementia in their own home
- Short term education and support for families who wish to continue caring at home
- A service that is supported by a mobile dementia specific library and resources.