This page provides a plain-English overview of the legal processes involved in planning ahead, as well as links to local information. To get advice about your individual circumstances it is recommended that you consult with one of the agencies referred to below or a legal practitioner.
How do I make a Will?
- The legal basis and general nature of Wills is the same across Australia.
- While you can make your own Will with a Will Kit from a newsagent or the Internet, it is recommended that you get legal advice in making a Will.
- This is done through a private solicitor or trustee, a community legal centre or from a government service – the WA Public Trustee.
- The Public Trustee can organise face-to-face meetings or telephone consultations if you live more than 50 km from Perth.
- The Public Trustee manages a WA Will Bank where people can safely store their Will.
Links to local resources
To view general information about Wills, contacting the Public Trustee for assistance and the WA Will Bank, click here.
To download a brochure about services provided by the Public Trustee, click here.
The WA Public Trustee can be contacted here or by calling 1300 746 116.