We want to understand how people living with dementia interact with a prompting system and what kinds of features are most useful, to inform the design of new technological solutions that might address some of the unmet needs in dementia care and improve quality of life for people living with dementia.
We are looking for people living with dementia to participate in our study with their family carer or support person.
- a brief screening of your cognitive functioning, to help us understand your need for support tools
- a brief prompted colouring in activity (approx. 15 mins) each day for 14 days - instructions for the activity will be shown on an iPad that we will deliver and loan to you for the duration of the project.
- family carer or support person will be asked to use a video monitor to observe the colouring activity and complete a questionnaire each day
All parts of the research project are set up to be done remotely, to avoid any risks relating to covid. We will provide tech support to assist with using the iPad program and operating the video monitor.
We are reimbursing the time commitment with $50/hour payment for both the person living with dementia and their carer.
To get in touch with us and find out more you can either
- contact Celia Harris email@example.com (0478 538 364) OR
- complete this form: https://surveyswesternsydney.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4Ib9lcWxoYfQjvo
This study has been approved by Western Sydney University Human Research Ethics Committee (#H14632)