EDIE - Educational Dementia Immersive Experience
Using Samsung Gear VR this high quality virtual reality experience will enable participants to see the world through the eyes of a person living with dementia. This 3 hour interactive workshop will enhance your knowledge of dementia whilst exploring a supportive approach that enables Edie and his wife to live more confidently with dementia.
This program will explore what it may feel like to experience dementia, care for someone living with dementia and to work in partnership with the person living with dementia and their carer in identifying support needs and developing a support plan that enables Edie and his wife to live more confidently with dementia.
In this 3 hour workshop you will develop a greater understanding of:
- dementia across various stages
- a consumer perspective of dementia
- dementia support considerations including individual and diverse needs
- how to identify support needs in partnership with the client and their carer
- how to develop a dementia support plan that focuses on enabling a person to live more confidently with dementia