Support for people recently diagnosed
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you, or someone close to you, is diagnosed with dementia. Some people may not be aware of the support they need to cope.
That’s why at Dementia Australia we help individuals, couples and families:
- Think about the future
- Identify goals and priorities
- Access supports and services
- Manage dementia symptoms and live well.
Through various education programs and one-on-one support sessions, we can help you:
- Increase your understanding of dementia
- Connect with healthcare professionals and support agencies
- Continue daily activities such as personal care, household chores, shopping, preparing meals, managing finances, appointments and taking medications
- Maintain hobbies and interests that support your health and wellbeing
- Stay socially connected to family and friends.
How to access our programs
Our ‘Living with dementia’ program is perfectly suited to people who have been recently diagnosed, their families and carers. Register for an upcoming session.
Alternatively, we offer one-on-one sessions for post-diagnosis support and access to a Dementia advisory Service. To find out more, contact our National Dementia Helpline on free call 1800 100 500.