Support for people recently diagnosed
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you, or someone close to you, is diagnosed with dementia. You may not be aware of the support available to help you maintain independence and live well.
That’s why at Dementia Australia, we help individuals, couples and families:
- think about the future
- identify goals and priorities
- access supports and services
- manage dementia symptoms and live well.
Through various support services and programs, we can help you:
- increase your understanding of dementia
- connect with healthcare professionals and support agencies
- continue daily activities such as personal care, household tasks, shopping, preparing meals, managing finances, appointments and taking medications
- maintain hobbies and interests that support your health and wellbeing
- stay socially connected to family and friends.
How to access our programs
To find out more, contact our National Dementia Helpline on free call 1800 100 500.