We are here to provide education, support, information, advocacy and awareness.
Education, support, information, advocacy and awareness are the five main areas through which we help to make the lives of people with dementia a little bit easier.
We assist carers and families of people with dementia to manage the daily challenges that dementia brings.
We work with care staff and students to deliver best practice in dementia care. We also teach the community about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle in helping to reduce dementia risk.
Awards and partner acknowledgements
The work of Dementia Australia VIC Division and the people and organisations we have worked closely with on many varied projects, over many years, has been recognised in awards covering education, person-centred care, advocacy, empowering consumers, diversity, ICT and other technology innovations, branding design, public relations and, transparency and accountability in annual reporting.
Please note from 18 October 2017 the federation of Alzheimer's Australia unified to become Dementia Australia. Alzheimer's Australia Vic is now referred to as Dementia Australia VIC Division.
- 2017 Winner - Dementia Australia (formerly Alzheimer's Australia) Best Aged Care Software Development and Deployment Award, Information Technology in Aged Care Awards (ITAC)
- 2017 Winner - Alzheimer's Australia Vic Small Training Provider of the Year Award Victorian Training Awards, presented by the Victorian Department of Education and Training
- 2017 Winner - Alzheimer's Australia Vic Enabling EDIE Project Innovation Award Simulation Australasia
- 2017 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic Annual Report Silver Award Australasian Reporting Awards
- 2017 Honourable Mention - Alzheimer's Australia You Are Not Alone Dementia Awareness Month 2016, Cause Related Marketing Platinum PR Awards USA
- 2016 Winner - Anne Fairhall, carer, Victorian Senior Achiever Awards, Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria Senior Achiever Award for Significant Contributions to Local Communities and Victoria
- 2016 Winner - Edie Mayhew, living with dementia and Anne Tudor, carer Minister for Health Volunteer Awards receiving the Outstanding Achievement by a Volunteer: Supporting Diversity Award
- 2016 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic Annual Report Silver Award Australasian Reporting Awards
- 2016 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic - Let's Talk About Sex: Relationships and Intimacy as We Age Conference 2015, PR News USA Diversity & Inclusion Awards: Diversity & Inclusion Campaign
- 2016 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic Branding, Registered Graphic Designers Canada In-House Awards Award of Merit
- 2015 Gold Winner - Dementia Australia Vic Virtual Dementia Experience ™ Victorian Public Healthcare Award Excellence in person, family and community-centred care
- 2015 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic and Opaque Multimedia Virtual Dementia Experience™, Microsoft Imagine Cup World Citizenship Award
- 2015 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic Annual Report Bronze Award Australasian Reporting Awards
- 2015 Finalist - Alzheimer's Australia Vic Virtual Dementia Experience™ HESTA Community Sector Awards Outstanding Organisation
- 2015 Finalist - Tony Walsh, carer HESTA Community Sector Awards Unsung Hero
- 2014 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic and Opaque Multimedia Virtual Dementia Experience™ at The Perc Walkley Dementia Learning Centre, Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards APICTA for eLearning
- 2014 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic and Opaque Multimedia Virtual Dementia Experience™ at The Perc Walkley Dementia Learning Centre, Victorian and National iAwards Education Category
- 2014 Winner - Dementia Australia Vic Annual Report Bronze Award Australasian Reporting Awards
- 2014 Finalist - Dementia Australia Vic and Opaque Multimedia Virtual Dementia Experience™, Melbourne Awards Contribution to Profile
- 2014 Nominee - Alzheimer's Australia Vic Senior Management Team, SACS Leadership Awards, SACS Consulting Awards for Leadership in Not For Profit Sector 2014 - Executive Leader
- 2012 Gold Winner - Dementia Australia Vic BrainyApp Victorian Public Healthcare Award, Healthcare Innovation Award - Optimising healthcare through e-health and communications technology
- 2012 Winner - In partnership with Porter Novelli Melbourne, Fight Dementia Campaign, Public Relations Institute Australia Golden Target Awards Public Affairs and Porter Novelli Sydney BrainyApp Consumer Marketed Services