This website challenges you to: understand what it is like to live with dementia and,
take action to create local dementia-friendly communities.
Dementia-Friendly Communities is an Australian Government funded program administered by Dementia Australia.
The program aims to build understanding, awareness and acceptance of dementia in the community.
The goals of the program are to:
- increase public awareness of dementia across Australia
- increase opportunities for interested community members to better identify the signs of dementia and effectively communicate with a person living with dementia
- improve levels of engagement with people living with dementia
- enable dementia friends to network, learn and support each other
- provide the ability to search, list and share the latest evidence, information and best practice approaches
- enable dementia friends to increase self and community awareness
- support people living with dementia.