Volunteers are an integral and valued part of our organisation.
In each state we have a range of different activities that volunteers provide support to. Everyone brings unique skills that can be applied in different ways. We look forward to hearing from you about how you would like to be involved.
If you would like to enquire about volunteering please email us your contact details (Name, Phone and Location) and some general information about yourself. One of our dedicated volunteer support team will be in touch.
Why volunteer with Dementia Australia
There are many benefits of volunteering with us. You will:
- Be working with the peak body for Dementia
- Develop new skills and gain new experiences
- Make new friends and be part of a team
- Feel a sense of personal achievement and satisfaction
- Gain a better understanding of dementia and the help available
- Help us to achieve our vision
Volunteers assist us to run events, raise funds, deliver local programs and build awareness in the community about dementia. You can choose what you get involved in, how often and at a location that suits you.
Rights of Volunteers
As a volunteer with our organisation, you’re assured:
- Volunteers will be shown respect at all times
- The valuable contribution of volunteers will be appreciated and recognised
- Volunteers will be offered roles that take into consideration their capabilities and experience
- The work environment for volunteers will be conducive to good performance, health and safety
- Volunteers are covered by public liability and personal accident insurance while engaged in work with our organisation
We offer all our volunteers:
- An orientation program related to your area of work
- Easy access to relevant staff when necessary
- Professional development opportunities
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please send an email to email@example.com