Our National Patron is His Excellency General The Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd), Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia.
The Dementia Australia Board
Graeme Samuel AC, Chair
Tony Newman, Vice-Chair
William Bass, Secretary, Public Officer and Treasurer
Maree McCabe, National CEO Dementia Australia
Our Board is responsible for the governance of the organisation with the Chief Executive Officer responsible for the management of the organisation. The Board establishes the results to be achieved and the task of achieving these results are delegated to the Chief Executive Officer.
Under the terms of the revised Constitution, the Board comprises:
- the Chairperson
- the Chief Executive Officer
- named Directors
Statement of Expectations
In performing their duties, the Board will:
- at all times act lawfully and consistently with Dementia Australia policies
- meet regularly to monitor the performance of management and Dementia Australia as a whole
- ensure that they receive regular and accurate reporting on financial and service provision matters
- regularly review its own performance as a basis for development and quality assurance
- carry out its meetings in such a manner as to ensure fair and full participation of all Board members
- ensure the assets of Dementia Australia are protected by a suitable risk management strategy
- honour its obligations to Dementia Australia consistent with the Constitution.
Dementia Australia Limited
ABN 79 625 582 771