The Dementia Australia Board
Graeme Samuel AC, Chair
Maree McCabe AM, CEO Dementia Australia
Our Board is responsible for the governance of the organisation with the Chief Executive Officer responsible for the management of the organisation. The Board establishes the results to be achieved and the task of achieving these results are delegated to the Chief Executive Officer.
Under the terms of the Constitution, the Board comprises of the Chair and Directors.
In performing their duties, the Board will: at all times act lawfully and consistently with Dementia Australia policies and meet regularly to monitor the performance of management and Dementia Australia as a whole.
Dementia Australia’s Financial Statements are listed on the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission website.
Dementia Australia’s Annual Reports are available here.
Dementia Australia Honorary Medical Advisors
Scientia Professor Henry Brodaty AO
Professor Amy Brodtmann
Associate Professor Michael Woodward AM
The Objects of Dementia Australia are to:
- be a strong and credible voice for all Australians whose lives are touched by dementia and provide a means by which they can influence dementia related policy;
- drive quality in service provision and care for people living with dementia;
- facilitate and provide support for persons with dementia and related disorders and for their families and friends;
- educate and inform the public and the medical and helping professions about dementia, related disorders and other relevant aspects;
- stimulate research and improve the management treatment and prevention of dementia and related disorders;
- advise the Federal and State or Territory Governments on policy development and programs in relation to dementia and related disorders; and
- do all other things as may seem incidental or conducive to the achievement of the above objectives.
ABN 79 625 582 771